The Peach

Proudly providing the reality-based community with the juice on politics, media, religion and culture

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Oh, THAT Osama

No big surprise that in last night's debate, Bush "forgot" a dismissive comment he made about Osama Bin Laden, much as he "forgot" his part-ownership of a timber concern during the second debate. Here's the goods, thanks to TPM:

Bush on bin Laden, September 17th, 2001
I want justice. There's an old poster out west, as I recall, that said, "Wanted: Dead or Alive" ... I just remember, all I'm doing is remembering when I was a kid I remember that they used to put out there in the old west, a wanted poster. It said: "Wanted, Dead or Alive." All I want and America wants him brought to justice. That's what we want.

Bush on bin Laden, March 13th, 2002
As I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.

Early senility? Drug abuse? The Peach is willing to give Bush the benefit of the doubt. After all, it is "hard work" to be president.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home